Abortion in Latin America and also the Caribbean
Incidence and styles
- During 2010–2014, an approximated 6.5 million induced abortions took place each 12 months in Latin America therefore the Caribbean—up from 4.4 million during 1990–1994.
- The yearly price of abortion is predicted at 44 per 1,000 ladies of reproductive age (15–44), an increase that is slight 40 per 1,000 in 1990–1994.
- The local abortion price is approximately 48 per 1,000 for hitched females and 29 per 1,000 for unmarried females. 1
- At the time of 2010–2014, abortion prices vary across subregions, from 33 per 1,000 feamales in Central America to 48 per 1,000 in south usa to 59 per 1,000 within the Caribbean.
- The proportion of most pregnancies in Latin America therefore the Caribbean ending in abortion increased between 1990–1994 and 2010–2014, from 23% to 32per cent. 1
Appropriate status of abortion
- Significantly more than 97% of women of reproductive age in Latin America and also the Caribbean inhabit countries with restrictive abortion rules (for example., countries in the 1st four groups in dining dining Table 2). 2
- Abortion just isn’t allowed for just about any reason in six nations. […]